October 26, 2017
Ready, Set, join.me: A Presenter’s Checklist for Better Meetings
There’s a lot to consider when you’ve got a meeting to run – who, what, when, where? Sometimes the logistics can distract your focus from the real meat (or meet :)) of the meeting – whether that’s the content you’re presenting, the problem you need to solve, or the questions you need answered.
Here’s a checklist to run through the next time you’re setting up a join.me meeting. If you’re always prepared to present like a pro, you have more time to focus on what’s really important!
- Meeting Spot
- You can’t have a meeting without nailing down a time and location. If you’re using me, don’t worry so much about location – it can literally be anywhere. But you can nail the time down with our join.me scheduler, or our scheduler integration for Outlook and Google.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection and a (somewhat) quiet working space.
- Get Creative with join.me’s advanced settings
- Set your conference call apart from the others by selecting some of our awesome (and award winning) hold must as your hold music. We promise you (and your meeting attendees) won’t be disappointed!
- Learn the shortcuts to take control of what your participants can (or can’t do!) during your call. Print out our telephone keypad commands as a helpful cheat sheet.
- Personalize Your Background to show off your style!
- Set your meeting lock depending on how you want to run your meeting. If you want full control and awareness of who joins when, lock it up. Unlock it if you’re feeling casual, and participants can come and go as they please.
- Get ready to share that screen!
- Keep your desktop clean and free of clutter or items you prefer to keep private.
- If you don’t want personal chats or email prompts interrupting your meeting, try window sharing, so you will show only what you want to show.
- Can you hear me now?
- No one likes audio surprises (yellers or whisperers) at the start of a call. Check that your speakers are at the right volume, and that your microphone is set if using VoIP.
- If you’re using join.me video and plan to call by phone, remember to UNCHECK the “with audio” button to prevent echoes during your call.
- Ready for your close up?
- If you’re using join me video, make sure to use the video preview screen to check your surroundings to avoid distracting personal items are in the background.
- Brush up on these top 7 video conferencing taboos to know what mistakes not to make!
- Get Ready to Record
- If you want to remember or share what was said during the meeting, use join.me recording!
- Make sure you do this as soon as the meeting starts so participants who couldn’t make the call can view in its entirety later.
TRY join.me FREE!
Subscribe now and get the latest updates as soon as they are posted!