May 2, 2017
Five Tips For Small Businesses
Happy Small Business Week! We’re glad to celebrate all the entrepreneurs out there, from the scrappiest tech startups to “mom and pop” shops. While productivity is powerful at any company size, it’s especially important for smaller businesses as employees are usually managing a much wider breadth of responsibilities. Even the smallest ideas or workflow changes can make a BIG impact on progress and growth.
So to help your small biz reach your goals we pulled together our top productivity tips and join.me product tricks! Check it out:
TRY join.me FREE!
- Organize your workday – and try not to stray.
We know the typical “9-to-5” doesn’t always apply when you’re working in a small business. But there is data behind how you should spend each hour of your workday to be the most productive. For example, studies have shown that your brain is actually more creative when you are tired – so it’s smart to save any creative thinking toward the end of the day. Read the full blog post to find more tips on how to schedule for maximum boss-ness morning, noon and night!
- Don’t let an overwhelming workload become overwhelming.
In a fast-paced small business, every day is busy and every day is different than the one before. It’s important to stay focused on your goals, and not let the craziness of your workload get to you. Take coffee breaks or a 15 minute walk around the block to reset and refocus. You could probably work 24/7 – but don’t! Avoid burnout by setting time aside in your week for stress relieving activities for yourself, and don’t let those drop from the calendar. For more tips, check out these these 5 tips to deal with busy days!
- Make your apps do the work for you. We know you probably count on a long list of communication tools to get your job done every day – from an email platform, to a scheduler, to an instant messenger, and of course, an online meeting tool. You’d be surprised how much of your daily workload you can slim down by activating integrations of your daily apps! Check out all the join.me integrations to see how we play well with others, and how you can save time in the transition between all your apps!
- Stay connected. We’ve all heard the old adage, “it’s all about who you know”. This could not be more true when it comes to the success of your small business. Strong connections can help to promote your company as well as give you new ideas about how to make it grow. Stay connected to those around you by taking time out of your day to meet neighbors and network with other business professionals in person or using tech like video conferencing to gain a better understanding of your customer’s needs as well as industry trends and best practices.
- Maintain that friendly face. One of the main reasons why people like working with small businesses is that they feel a level of personal connection they don’t always get from larger companies. So as you grow, try to stay true to that! Take the extra minute or two to establish a personal connection with each customer, client, or vendor. Not sure what to talk about? Here’s an easy trick to get the convo going – use your join.me personal background as an icebreaker. Upload a picture of your family, dog, or favorite vacation spot as a conversation starter!
Subscribe now and get the latest updates as soon as they are posted!